Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega Ultra
The Alpha·Omega Ultra is the most versatile bass preamplifier designed by Darkglass. With its two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), extremely high dynamic range, six-band active graphic EQ, dedicated headphone output and balanced direct output with switchable digital impulse-response cabinet emulation make for an incredibly complete tool for the modern bass player.
• Blend - Mixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
• Level - Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
• Drive - Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
• Bite - Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
• Growl - Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
• Mod - Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw. On the Darkglass Suite you can assign footswitch control of the Mod to toggle between Alpha and Omega.
• Master - Whereas the Level knob control the output of the overdrive section the Master volume adjusts the overall volume of the unit. Ideal for fine tuning the output on clean mode. It also serves as a DI and headphone volume control. Please note that volume is not affected by this control when the pedal is on bypass.
Bass: Low shelf +-12dB @ 80 Hz
Mid Bands: +-10dB @ 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz
Treble: High shelf +-12dB @ 5 kHz
Dimension: 12.5 x 9.6 x 5.6 cm
Weight: 0.68 kg