Ibanez AZES31 AZ Essential Series Electric Guitar, Vermillion
Welcoming yet another expansion to the highly successful AZ series, Ibanez is proud to introduce the AZES or AZ Essentials line. The philosophy behind this series is to bring the tone, versatility and, playability of this celebrated lineup to a wider array of beginner and intermediate players. However, AZ Essentials are also equipped with series-specific features such as a Mono-unit output jack, a 250mm fingerboard radius, and Comfort round bridge saddles, all designed to make the beginner’s learning process a streamlined, enjoyable and fun experience.
- Poplar Body — Underpins the instrument with a neutral, sustain-rich sound.
- 25" Scale Maple Neck — Shorter than a conventional 25.5" scale length, this player-friendly scale makes the instrument feel easier to play as the frets are brought slightly closer together and the strings have less tension.
- 250mm Fingerboard Radius — Great middle ground that allows you to play notes and chords precisely, while still maintaining a high degree of comfort.
- 'All Access' Neck Joint — Offers superior playability at the higher register, so you don't have to stretch to reach those final frets!
- Ibanez Essentials SSS Pickups — Provide well-balanced tones, so that you can explore various styles of music with just one instrument.
- Dyna-MIX8 Switching System with Alter Switch — The dyna-MIX8 offers eight sound variations and can switch between humbucker and single-coil modes with just a flick of the mini switch. It even simulates a humbucking sound from the combination of two single-coil pickups!
- 'Comfort Round' Steel Saddles — Provide a wider range of height adjustment, so you can set the string action to perfection. Additionally, the screws are less likely to stick out, leading to less stress on your strumming hand.
- 'Mono-Unit' Output Jack — Made of solid, durable material and is a single piece to avoid unwanted movement and loosening of the jack, which leads to contact failure or disconnection. This innovation allows for long term playing enjoyment and minimal maintenance.
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Colour: Vermillion
- Construction: Bolt-On with Access Heel Joint
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Scale Length: 25" (635mm)
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Frets: 22, Medium
- Fingerboard Material: Jatoba
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.84" (250mm)
- Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge: F106 Hardtail with Comfort Round Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Ibanez with Split Shaft
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (10-46)
- Pickups: Essentials Single-Coils
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5-Way Lever Switch
- Switching: Dyna-MIX8 Switching System with Alter Switch